Fresno FiberArts Guild, Inc. Membership
A printable membership form will be available here before the Sign-up event for next years programs.
The fiscal year shall be from June 1 through May 31st. Meetings and workshops are held from September to April (there is no December meeting). The Covid-19 virus State and Local guidelines will be followed and adjustments will be made and reported here.
Annual membership dues will be due and payable on May 31st for the next fiscal year and are not refundable. If dues are not paid by the September meeting the member will be dropped from the roster.
_____ New Member $55.00
_____ Renewing Member $55.00
_____ Adjunct Educators and Junior members $20.00
Junior memberships are granted to persons under the age of 18. The parent or guardian of the junior member shall sign the membership form of the junior member. The junior member may attend workshops for the same fee as a regular member but they must attend with their parent or a designated Guild sponsor who is required to accompany the junior member to the meeting or workshop as a paid participant in the class.
Welcome to the Fresno FiberArts Guild, Inc
The Fresno FiberArts Guild is a friendly, creative group of about 115 members. It was founded in 1972. We are dedicated to the promotion of the fiber arts.
• Meeting location: San Joaquin College of Law, Auditorium Room 213
901 5th Street, Clovis, CA 93612
• General meetings are usually held the third Saturday of the month,
September through May except December.
• Meeting times: 9:00 -Business Meeting
-“Show and Tell” featuring the most recent
work of members
- A short break for refreshments
- A Raffle
-Tickets are on sale during morning break. $1 or 6 for $5
Members donate items for this raffle.
10:30 -12:00- Presentation by the featured artist is for all members.
. Guests may attend the morning program. First guest visit is free.
There is a $10.00 guest fee after the first free visit.
• Workshops: Each month the featured artist gives a
presentation to all members and then teaches a
workshop to members who have signed up and paid.
• Workshop times: After the Saturday meeting starting at 1:00 -4:00
Sunday from 9:00-4:00
• Workshop Sign ups: At the end of each program year the FFG holds
a sign up event. Members can preview an
exhibit of the next year’s scheduled classes.
Members choose classes and pay a $10.00
deposit for each class to hold a place.
A list of the members enrolled in the classes
or on a waiting list is published in the
August Newsletter. The class roster for each
workshop is also published in the monthly
newsletter along with a supply list for the class.
If there are still spaces open after the member
sign up, members may still sign up.
Full payment for the workshops are due at
the Guild meeting the month before the workshop.
• Fashion Show: In May of even years, the FFG has a Fashion Show,
Luncheon, Exhibition, Raffle and Silent Auctions
Fund raiser. The event showcases the work of
• Scholarships: - FFG offers a Legacy Scholarship of $1000 to a
student interested in fiber related arts.
- FFG offers Grants of $100 for individuals or groups
interested in fiber related arts. (on hold for now)
- Applications are due in April and announced at the
Fashion Show or in the Newsletter.
• Interest Groups: FFG offers a variety of interest groups each year.
They are a great way to get to know other members
and enhance one’s fiber skills at the same time.
• Volunteer Opportunities: - The Guild has members assisting at
- the Holy Cross sewing room.
- the Dress A Girl Program
- Special opportunities when presented
- The FFG Library: The library has many fiber related books and dvds.
7789 N. Ingram Ave. #105, Fresno, CA 93711
It is available during business hours.
• Website: fresnofibersrtsguild.org,
• Facebook: Join Fresno FiberArts Guild, Inc.
• Annual Dues: $55 for regular membership
$20 for Adjunct Educators and Junior members
(membership year is from June to May)
A goal of the Fresno FiberArts Guild is “Promoting interest and education in the Fiber Arts” .
Rev- April 2019 Page 2